Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Whiterock 15 March 2021: Burn, baby, burn

The murderhoboes

Garreth, half-orc swordsman
Zaber, suave and debonaire man
Polly, cute and deadly elf archer
Thrognar, half-orc holy warrior

What they killed

We get together by an outcropping by a crossroads in the tunnels.

Stonemaul says, "Blessed are those who kill demons, since, demons. What would you like affect spirits on? The blessings of the Goddess are without limit but I am not casting it on every single weapon in existence." He then casts Affect Spirits on Scalemar, Thrognar's sword, Polly's rapier, and my knife. He then hangs back, and we go towards the demons.

Garreth stops and brings out his chi, getting faster. Thrognar likewise calls upon his holy might. I pull out my knife and Polly her rapier.

I fly around the corner,  and see the green-tinged thing of fire come towards the edge and let out an awful screeching roar. It spews forth great twisted mass of fire with the red of fire tinged through with sickly green and deepest ebony. It doesn't see me, and breathes fire at Polly. She gets out of the way, and only the edge of the fire gets her. The elementals take flight and go to my side. Thrognar and Garreth rush towards the fray. Polly moves towards the reach of the green foe.

Since they don't see me, I start to fly to get a back strike at the green demon, getting between him and the fire elementals before spinning around. The green-tinged demon sprouts great fiery wings as it steps (2 square step, fast!) off a short cliff (we're flying over it) and tries to grab Polly. She steps back and batters its wings with her rapier, but its aura of fire and filth washes over her, burning and sickening her. 
The two fire elementals try to slam Garreth and Thrognar, but Garreth slashes back with his sword and Thrognar steps out of the way. Scalemar makes a deep slice into the fire elemental, which makes it blow up. Thrognar swings twice at the last fire elemental, blowing it up, which burns Polly. She yells, "Ow! Thank you, Thrognar. I so wanted to get exploded."

Garreth shrugs off the heat and goes up to the green demon. He cuts through it like green gelatin, sucking up the fire and filth coming out of it. "Um, you guys might want to run."

Polly eyes moisten as she staggers through her pain. "What? Run? But I can hit it!"

Thrognar says, "Sorry, Polly, the thing seems keen on setting us ablaze."

Polly, however, steps back and swings four times, hitting it, though her skin gets green as she feels its toxic aura hit her again. I, however, dash back down the hall, beckoning Polly to come with. Death doesn't become me.

Besides, Garreth owes me money.

Behind me, I can hear the scuffle, Polly making a slight sickened sound, a grunt from Garreth, then a thud and a clang. There's a few more squishes and muffled thuds, then a big boom. Garreth lets out a few dirty words in Undercommon and Orcish, then I hear Polly say, "See! I didn't die."

I turn around to see both Polly and Garreth looking a little whiter than their wont. Thrognar tells Polly she did well. Garreth and I help Polly get back to a safer tunnel, and then I whip up a bandage for Garreth with his own sleeve. Thrognar also gives Garreth some holy touch, as well as Polly.

After a few hours of well-warranted rest, Garreth still looks pale. Beer and licks from Logan don't help him, so we go back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment