Monday, July 25, 2022

Castle Whiterock Log 18 July 2022: Totally drained

The murderhoboes

Garreth, half-orc swordsman
    Bleu, droning elf wizard
Zaber, suave and debonaire man
    Logan, wolverine
Polly, cute and deadly elf archer
Thrognar, half-orc holy warrior

What they did

Logan upon smelling good food moves in on the wrecked tower, and clouds of giant eels rise up from the rubble. He bites an eel and eats it. Logan holds the eel body in his mouth, dangling limply. I turn, step, and stab another eel in the head, felling it in one stroke. Garreth focuses inward, bringing out the inner speed.

Bleu steps and looks at the eels. "Ah, these are Gymnotidae Electrophorus, also known as electric eels. They use an electric discharge to stun or kill prey, live in freshwater habitats, and particularly enjoy eating people in metal armor. Jellied eels are a particular delicacy in Elven culture, and the smaller eels work well when baked in pies. The larger specimens are also known to grapple their prey. They are known to be particularly susceptible to heavily armored clerics with Resist Lightning, as the eels love metal armored targets and will often target them. Not that elves make a habit of attacking them, as they are natural creatures. However, their habit of hiding in small places and trying to eat people has been known to lead to unfortunate conflicts."

Polly says, "I really wish I had my bow." She pulls out her rapier, then rushes over to a big eel, hitting it twice and killing it with the second blow. An eel swims up to Garreth, then nips at him, shocking him and stunning him. Two other ones do the same to Logan and me, but we shun the shock. Swarms of little eels go around us, trying to shock us, but hardly arousing a tickle.

Logan chomps on the swarming little eels around him. I stab the big eel near me in the brain before swatting my knife at a few little ones. Garreth snaps aware, kills a big eel, and wounds another. Bleu casts Resist Lightning on Garreth, and Polly swings at the swarms near her. A big eel swims towards Garreth and lets out a shock, but it does nothing to him. The swarms around Logan, Polly, and me all let out more shock, and this time it hurts Polly and me.

Polly, Logan, and I fight through our pain and chop up little eels, while Garreth gets a big one before chopping baby eels as well. A big one swims up to Logan and tries to shock him, but doesn't hurt him, while another comes up and zaps me. However, the little ones shock the hell out of Polly, Logan, and me.

Logan munches down some of the swarm, while I pull out my potion of great healing and chug it. Garreth chops up a big one, and Polly fights through her pain and chops up a swarm. Bleu swims towards her. The big eels turn and look like they're gathering power. The swarms zap Logan, Polly, and me, but we all chop back.

Garreth kills two more big ones near me, and Bleu swims towards me. A big eel swims up to me and gives me a zap, but I stay up. Swarms swim up to Polly, Logan, and me and shock us. This doesn't bother Logan much and he munches through the eels, while Polly and I also chop back. It hurts, but then I feel Bleu's hand cast Resist Lightning on me, letting me watch Garreth chop up another big one.

The swarms zap Garreth, Polly, and me, but none of it hurts us now. I chop up some baby ones, and Logan pounces on a big one's skull, ripping out its brain and lapping it up with a big lick. Garreth and Polly chop up the last baby eels near them, while Garreth and I easily handle the last ones.

We drink from the bag of healing, then I search the rocks. In them, I find a bunch of coins, some wrecked armor, and a suit of blue plate armor with a seashell-like design and fine mail webbing on the sollerets and gauntlets. Linked to this suit by a silver lanyard is a golden trident. They are magical, needless to say. To top off our funds Polly gathers up a bunch of eel skins to sell to make elven eel pies. Then we go back to town, our bag of healing drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment