Saturday, April 30, 2016

New DF Monster: Minions

They're short, they're yellow, they're cute, and your kids love them.

I was writing my campaign notes for the swamp and knew there's a non-zero chance my players could wind up in any hex in the swamp in the next two sessions. Thus, I expanded my notes for the swamp hexes; the western ones before last session, the eastern ones before this one. I have notes for some dungeons, and thus I felt the need to add a little more, so I can wing with a random dungeon map if things go awry.

My notes on dungeons were to have the big baddies, their treasure, a few unique traps, who their lackeys are, and who their minions are. At one point, I felt I needed one, as less than two monsters in any situation is a Bad Thing. I thought for a second, and realized that the perfect minion for this boss was a minion.

And I guarantee you that Dave Arneson would have done the exact same thing, so screw you on being out-of-genre.


Minion



ST: 6
HP: 6
Speed: 6.25
DX: 11
Will: 9
Move: 4
IQ: 3
Per: 10
Weight: 45 lbs.
HT: 13
FP: 13
SM: -2
Dodge: 10
Parry: 9
DR: 1*

Punch (13): 1d-5 crushing. Reach C.

Traits: Appearance (Handsome +3; Androgynous); Broad-Minded; Enhanced Dodge 1; Gluttony (12); Gullibility (12); Hard to Kill 5; Honest Face; Injury Tolerance (Homogenous); Klutz; Luck (Defensive); Magic Resistance 5; Pacifism (Cannot Kill); Pitiable; Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (+8); Sense of Duty (Master); Short Arms; Short Attention Span (12); Temperature Tolerance 5; Unaging; Unkillable 1.
Skills: Brawling-12; Gesture-12.
Class: Mundane.
Combat Effectiveness Rating: 35 (OR 3 and PR 32).
Notes: Half have One Eye and therefore are at -1 DX in melee combat and -3 DX in ranged combat. They wear goggles and overalls most of the time. Minions have high resistances. When they resist by 5 or less, their bodies will show their reaction, like bulging or changing hue, before going back to normal, but this will be no different for game purposes. They work for the most evil fellow around and are absolutely true to him or her, but almost never will kill anyone. Their key ability is to survive almost anything. They speak a creole of many nearby tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment