Monday, December 20, 2021

Castle Whiterock 6 December 2021: Gone fishing

The murderhoboes

Garreth, half-orc swordsman
    Bleu, droning elf wizard
Zaber, suave and debonaire man
    Logan, wolverine
Polly, cute and deadly elf archer
Mikal, human holy warrior

What they did

I get Peduncle the Everburning Torch he wanted. He is happy for a few minutes, then he wants me to go. So, I tell the others that I spoke to Peduncle and that I'm pretty sure he won't want his buddies' magic items.

After some chatter, we go to Quintus and ask him for industrial-strength Roundup to kill the spellruin ivy. He says that for 1,000 copper farthings he can brew us one, but he needs bladderwort. Bladderwort is in the lake near Whiterock, and Garreth thinks he can identify it.

We go to the lake. I get the ring of Water Breathing from Seépravir. Polly readies long knife and shield since bow doesn't seem a good idea. Mikal casts Continual Light thrice. Then we go down a shaft into an eight-walled room. An archway shaped like a bird of prey with outstretched wings is in the middle on the west wall, leading to a 10-foot-wide hallway. There are iron bars set in the well shaft as a ladder.

I see clear oozes floating through the water, and they start floating towards us. Garreth steps and activates his Great Haste. Polly swims over next to me. I try to stab at an ooze, but miss twice. Mikal smacks an ooze with his mace. It flows aside. With a shocking burst of speed, the first ooze slams into Mikal. It grapples him and knocks him down and past Garreth. Another ooze hits Polly, grappling her and knocking her past me.

Garreth shouts kiai on the oozes, stunning them. He tries to push the ooze away from Mikal with a kick, but cannot. Likewise, Polly cannot cut up the ooze with her long knife. Logan and I both slash up the oozes on Polly, though its acid hurts Logan's claw. Mikal breaks free from the ooze. Garreth and Polly both also slash up the oozes, and I get in another couple of swats. Mikal also starts beating on an ooze, then it slams back into him. Logan swims towards the other one but does not swat.

Garreth, Polly, and I chop up the oozes, then we heal Mikal and Polly. Polly makes some cute-but-weird flailing with her hands as she reaches one end of the passage. I go down to check it out and find she has found a stone door. However it seems to be both barred on the other side, and cemented shut. I beckon Garreth, and he lines up his chi and whacks the door with Polly's orichalcum knife. The door gives way with splintering and cracking, shattering inwards the bar snapping and cement crumbling.

The next room is well lit, although we do not see the light source. The room has a plain stone floor and matching stone walls. The top five feet or so of the walls are covered with thick mats of green algae, though we cannot see the ceiling. A few rotten half-eaten fish carcasses aimlessly drift about the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment