Thursday, September 17, 2020

Dungeon Fantasy Castle Whiterock log for 24 August 2020: Do NOT talk to swords!

Who are these yahoos?


Ibizaber (aka Zaber) the Clever, Gorgeous, and Besotted, most beloved person in Cillamar
Garreth, strongest person in all Cillamar
Seépravir (aka Seep), possibly the mightiest and definitely the shiftiest wizard in Cillamar
Polly Daze, the incredibly cute deadly archer
Stonemaul, our new drinking buddy, a dwarven cleric of Danethar

What did they do?

Well, that was one helluva week. It was just me against the bars. I think I managed to get thrown out of each and every bar in Cillamar at least once in the last week, which seemed really long. Garreth once found me on the street and woke me up with a bucket of water. It was great; I romanced every barmaid in town. I might have succeeded with one or two; memory is really hazy, since at least three whacked me with trays and mugs.

Fun has to come to an end sometime, and I staggered into the Slumbering Drake somehow at the end of the week. Garreth and I were having beers with Seep and Polly; Polly was drinking that carrot stuff again. I haven’t had the heart to tell her it’s not really alcoholic; she just looks so cute when she thinks she’s drunk. But she has a weird look in her eyes nowadays; something with her and Seep. Makes me wonder … Elias went off somewhere, and I really don’t wonder in his case.

Anyways, there we were, drinking beer and mead and some of that mushroom wine, and along comes a dwarf armored up to the wazoo. He said he was named Stonemaul and sat down for a drink. Turns out he is a cleric of Danethar, and doesn’t seem to be as … what’s the word I want to use? … lame as Durkerle was. Drinks well, which you’d expect since he’s a dwarf, knows how to cast Bless, and he has a … katana. Just to mess with us.

Oh, speaking of weapons … I mean literally, speaking of weapons. Garreth keeps talking to his sword. At first I thought he had found some shrooms down in the dungeon and asked him for some, but he insisted that he didn’t have any, and was totally clean. Yeah, you keep telling me that, Big G, but then you keep talking to your sword. So forgive me if I’m skeptical. Anyways, he said it speaks back to his head and wants him to kill dragons.

Man, I need to get my best friend back on the sauce before he gets us both killed. I need a beer just to think about all this.

But in spite of my better judgment or because I’m always worried about not having beer money I went with him and the others and Maul (as he’s called for short, or shorter in his case) back to Whiterock. We quickly went back to the keep we sacked last week, and started along the causeway. Polly wanted us to check out the big bugs that flew up from pit as we assaulted the temple, so we stepped off the causeway, and started flying down.

That creepy feeling came over me almost as soon as I stepped off the causeway. The stench got nastier, and we heard a constant buzz. We saw four wasps as big as hobbits, and before I could slip up to one and stick my knife in its eye, Polly stabbed one and shot another one. I did get my knife in one’s eye, killing it, however, and Maul flew into another, slamming it into the wall. Garreth then drew close and apparently the sword didn’t tell him to be nice to giant wasps as he killed one. I managed to stab another one, and Maul stepped back from it, letting Polly pepper it to death with arrows.

Garreth pointed down asked me to check out a ledge a few yards below us. I flew down to it, and hovered above it; the ledge had all kinds of nasty slime on it. There were also big beetles on it, and we knew from the week before that they breathe fire. Stonemaul downed a Strength potion, then started to pray to make himself a runt, blunt, fighting … uh, I’m not going there.

What other stuff is going on?

We stopped right before fighting the beetles. We had some initial issues getting started, being the first session of a continuation game.

In this game, I'm not the game master. Thus, I'm writing in-character as Ibizaber the Sloshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment