Sunday, May 22, 2022

Castle Whiterock 16 May 2022: Got the teeth of the hydra upon ya

The murderhoboes

Garreth, half-orc swordsman
    Bleu, droning elf wizard
Zaber, suave and debonaire man
    Logan, wolverine
Polly, cute and deadly elf archer
Thrognar, half-orc holy warrior
(Stonemaul, half-orc holy warrior)

What they did

I can see a bunch of hydra heads float, and a roar from Garreth. The hydrakittens throb and thrash. I take the heads off a hydrakitten, and step back, but soon it bursts as do the other kittens, which hurts. There are a lot of rocks, silt, bubbles, and blood making it hard to see as the hydra's body bursts with the din of Leonard Nimoy's cover of "Proud Mary." I slug the major healing potion I have in hand and yell, "This sounds worse than any Justin Bieber concert!" before slugging another healing potion.

I swim towards Bleu and get a look at her. She eyes are staring off into nothing, as if she were listening to herself speak. As she does not look good, I grab her by the neckline and swim up to the surface of the lake. There, I see that I got her up in time, as her being dead would stop all her spells.

After a little bit, Thrognar, Logan, and Garreth make it to the top, with Garreth dragging a wounded Polly. Garreth hands Polly to Thrognar and the wineskin of healing to me. I pour the potion from the wineskin into Polly's mouth, and I give Garreth the ring of Swimming so he can go down and get loot to pay for Bleu's resurrection. He sheathes Scalemar and pulls out a magically-lit sai, then goes back down. I give Polly seven doses of potion, take two myself, one to Logan, then hand over the funbag to Thrognar so he can drink. We swim towards shore, and Logan drags Thrognar as he swims to let Thrognar rest. 

After a long swim, we see fins sticking out of the water. Polly says, "Oh, fishies!" as sharks circle nearer. I look around and find a chest that has floated up from the hydra's lair. I slyly slip Bleu's bloody body past the sharks and onto the chest, and Thrognar climbs on himself. Polly and I get on, and Polly asks, "So now we don't have to fight the nice nature fishies?" I shake my head, and the sharks swim off to munch on hydra parts, while Logan pulls our makeshift raft to shore.

Once on shore, we start drying off and resting. After about an hour, we see two big crabs swimming to the shore. One, an orange crab, has water steaming around it and the other, a blue crab, is freezing the water around it to slush. The crabs crawl onto shore, and Logan and I cut the eyestalks off the orange one, though its heat hurts Logan. "Logan! Back off that thing and look for butter!" Thrognar pulls out his sword and cuts an eyestalk off the blue crab. It tries to go after Polly, but she cuts off its last eye. Polly and I stab the crabs in their mouths to finish them off, then I cook the crabs using the heat from the shell of the orange crab. I feed Logan and give him a sip from the funbag for his burns.

After another hour or two, Garreth comes back, with a lot of loot and hydra fangs and butter in the bag of holding. We go back to town and raise Bleu from the dead. I try flirting with her again, but she keeps babbling about something, so I fall asleep. I wake up again after how many minutes, and she's still babbling about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment